Monday, March 19, 2007

That takes the biscuit

I am ashamed. Yes, there was the roast beef, but if I'm honest with you, in recent times, my consumption of cookies has been astronomical.

So much so that I feel strongly that I should found Cookie Addiction Anonymous. Consider this the first CAA meeting. Don't be shy. No one is here to judge. To put you at ease, let me go first.

Hello. My name is Day in Bed and I'm obsessed with cookies.

Welcome Day in Bed!

I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like I can't help myself. I can't just have one and forget about the others sitting in the cupboard. No, I have to eat them all, until there's none left.

I'll eat rich tea biscuits, not one or two but 10 at a time, with every cup of tea. And I drink a lot of tea. Luxurious school boy cookies, a whole box at a time. Chips ahoy, as many as I can cram into my mouth simultaneously.

Then there's the homemade cookies that my boyfriend has been making on a weekly basis: Ginger bread men, I'll eat six or seven in one sitting, even if they've only got one eye. Butter cookies, they're just alright, but I'll have three or four while I'm at it. And delight of delights, oatmeal (healthy) cookies with butterscotch chips (not so healthy). And the latest cookies of choice, chocolate oatmeal cookies. In the last week we've had two batches of those. Yesterday I ate eight. And they are, or rather were, enormous.

But I don't stop at cookies. I also love cake. And apple crumble and ice cream. And raisin bread. And chocolate. Cote d'or chocolate. And gummi bears. And fantasy belts. For those who think I have veered off on a sexual tangent, this is what I mean:



But enough about me.

Who's next?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame it on the sugar! Its highly addictive. It's those happy chemicals it releases. The highs (when the sugar is being released) followed by the lows (when the sugar has been used up by the body)... is what keeps this viscious cycle going. If its not a problem and you enjoy it great, if though you want to stop reaching for the other 9 biscuits l would say go cold turkey. Apparently, it takes about five days til you start feeling like you dont need sugar. Good luck!

March 20, 2007 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Spoon said...

I once had an addiction to sugar and couldn't stop drinking fizzy drinks. I had some wise words of advice hurled at me to go cold turkey. I'm now addicted to cold turkey.

March 20, 2007 at 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich Tea are evil! They suck the life from you. I like ginger bread men. Oh yes. My favourite is shortbread though, it is foof of the gods! Perhaps we need a UK chapter of CAA?

March 22, 2007 at 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 22, 2007 at 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey where have you disapeared to??? xxx Rachel xxx

April 19, 2007 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Spoon said...

Where have you gone?

May 2, 2007 at 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just about to ask that question myself!

May 3, 2007 at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home