Monday, January 15, 2007

Driving Miss Day In Bed

There are days when you feel like you should have just stayed in bed. And there are days when you could have stayed in bed.
Today my day fell in the latter category. I had a driving class scheduled for midday. Which involved me getting out of bed and braving the snow blizzard outside to walk 10 minutes to the metro, wait for the metro, chug along the slow line, then walk 5 minutes to the driving school.
"Oh," said the receptionist when I came in. "Your instructor is on a 2-hour lesson with someone else."
This is the second time she has done this to me. So I'm gritting my teeth. I also spoke to her on the phone barely 45 minutes ago. So I want to slap her.
"Well, I'll just hang around and wait for him to come back," I suggest. There's a Jean-Coutu pharmacy opposite and I need some loo roll.
"He has another class scheduled. His day is full."
Fantastic. What am I - chopped liver?
My hour was moved somewhere else on the completely illegible diary - "See, there is someone else with him right now" - while I huffed and puffed and rolled my eyes, when she wasn't looking of course. Then I trudged home through the blizzard again.
I'm wet, cold and what a waste of time. Of precious bed time.
Deep breath, no matter. This day in bed was quickly salvaged. I'm now safely back in bed where I belong, perusing the web and sipping a cup of Bovril.
I have a 2-hour class with my "Check the bleend spot" guy tomorrow. In the meantime, I deserve a good lie down.

5 Comments:

Blogger Momo said...

Sorry, how can I see you in the picture? Great gloves anyway...

January 17, 2007 at 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have pushed that secretary down and spat on her!
Great post, I can feel your frustration.

January 18, 2007 at 1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to go to bed for two months solid. And then get ready to be kicked out of my own house ;)

January 20, 2007 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cup of Bovril???

Was it really that bad? :)

I think you were too polite, the receptionist needed a telling off!

February 9, 2007 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Day in bed said...

A lovely cup of Bovril - there's nothing like it. I find it oddly comforting. Am I odd?

You know, the few times I have let it rip, I just look like an idiot. I go red in the face and splutter out streams of words that don't even fit together properly or make sense. Result: I try to contain myself.

February 11, 2007 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home