Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Eternal embrace

Time: 18:10
Bedding: white, Alvine Stra from Ikea
Position: propped up on two pillows, with blanket tucked under chin
Dress: jeans, T-shirt, hoodie
Food: chocolate brownies
Accessories: phone

Yes. I have gone full circle. I am back in bed. With Alvine Stra. It has taken a while but I made it. People just don't understand my need. To stay in bed. Wrapped up in the covers. With you, my dear, familiar Alvine Stra. You truly are my favourite. I can't get enough of you.

Today I fell upon this photo and it caught my eye. Archaelologists in Italy have discovered a couple buried 5,000 years ago wrapped in an embrace. Ok, it's morbid, but beyond that, it's simply beautiful. They appear to be drinking in each other's gaze, their bodies entwined, holding each other.

I can't help wondering what happened to them. Did they suffer an awful death together as they were sleeping in their bed? Were they placed like this for their burial because they were husband and wife? Just what is their story...

Such a loving pose frozen in time has made me spend the afternoon occasionally glancing at the empty side of the bed.

Enough. I am a selfish being. I see something that touches me and I bring it home to me, Me, ME.

I have put my brownies aside, flung back Alvine and am off to the gym.

4 Comments:

Blogger Day in bed said...

My ever faithful fan! Don't worry, I didn't overexert myself. Just a light aerobics class followed by a reward of more brownies.

February 9, 2007 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Momo said...

what can i say...i'll have a link for this post on my blog today...i hope this tells everything! Am I too shrewd?

February 9, 2007 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Day in bed said...

You are too too kind Momo. I appreciate the exposure!

February 9, 2007 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect! Great balance of good and good for you! ;)

February 11, 2007 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home