Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cry baby

Why do the people we love most make us cry? Is it because they feel they can treat us any way they like because we love them? Or is it because we're too sensitive because we've let our barriers down through love?

I am confused.

No time, not enough sleep, stress of work or lack of, are all factors that can push us to the brink of despair. But if you care about someone, shouldn't they be the last person you take it out on?

It's like people who drink away their sorrows sitting at a bar spilling their guts out to a complete stranger. This is often easier to do because you know you'll probably never see that person again. In the case of the person you share your life with, it's often easier to not talk at all.

Relationships confound me.

One day everything's great. The next your partner would rather sleep, watch loud crap TV or play video games than spend some time with you. Is it you? Are you a bore? Or are you pmsing and taking it too much to heart?

I think guys like to pretend everything's ok. Suck it up. If a worried girlfriend voices her concern and asks why he's acting like she isn't there, he's most likely to think she's over-reacting. An argument will no doubt follow. After which he will proffer the ever-ready, "Would you like me to go?" Like that's going to work wonders.

You give everything and this is what you get back. One hell of a shitty weekend.

Now I will watch Desperate Housewives, drink tea, eat cookies and go to bed alone. Tomorrow is another day.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"drink tea, eat cookies and go to bed alone."

SOunds like me every night. Unless you count cats.
Chin up, DiB. It's not you.

February 18, 2007 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger qb said...

I have to admit, that despite (because? nothing to do with it? er, anyway..) being female, it's often him who is on the receiving end of my woes. Bad me.

I also have the audacity to be confused and hurt when he does the same to me. I like your tomorrow is another day attitude. Also, as a recent buyer of the desperate housewives seasons one and two boxsets, that makes excellent comfort viewing.

Hope things work out.

February 19, 2007 at 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's part of their mould. don't worry, it's not you. i'm brand new to your blog but already i want to go back and read and reread this entry. as well as the others, just to get the feel of your style. beautifully written.
xxxx

February 19, 2007 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Spoon said...

Hooray for tomorrows!

Nice eye picture! Did you do that?

February 19, 2007 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Day in bed said...

Ed r - I just ate 4 gigantic chocolate cookies and feel considerably better.

Franglaise - Welcome! I find that girlfriends are great at listening to my tales of woe.

Just a london girl - I love you!

Spoon - If we mess up today, we can always try again tomorrow. I didn't take the pic. Got it off an image bank. Beautifully moving, isn't it.

February 19, 2007 at 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I;m sad I didn't get an 'I Love You'.
Care for a chocolate chip cookie? Still warm from the oven!

February 20, 2007 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger petemaskreplica said...

The thing to remember (and I know this is scant comfort) is that while you don't have the answer (and come to that, neither do I), neither does anybody else. ;)

February 20, 2007 at 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's like people who drink away their sorrows sitting at a bar spilling their guts out to a complete stranger...."

reminds me of why people blog about their heartaches in such detailed way online. its easier. the strangers who read it are not in a way prejudiced by their previous knowledge of who they are.

but hey, what doesnt kill us makes us stronger. :)

February 21, 2007 at 11:54 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

is it awful to say i enjoyed hearing about someone's unhappiness? not the unhappiness itself, of course. but the intimate telling of it.

who abducted all the terribly interesting people and is keeping them captive in blogland? what aren't i seeing you, regularly, in my local café?

April 4, 2007 at 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home