Monday, February 12, 2007

Good morning, good morning!

I hate mornings. Not just a bit but hugely. I'm a night person you see. I stay up late. I get up late. So my body goes into shock when my alarm clock goes off at 7:20. I mean 7:20! That's indecent!

The result is that I leave for work late. And not always looking my finest. Sometimes I don't get out of bed til 8:00, leaving me with a grand total of 15 minutes to spruce myself up. Haaa! Takes much longer than that believe me.

I've done some pretty strange things in my moody, sleepy morning state, as even though my body is eventually awake and out of bed, my brain stays in dreamland:

- Reaching for the toothpaste to cleanse my face instead of the face wash.
- Drying my hair then realizing I forgot to shampoo it.
- Eating a yogurt and throwing away the spoon instead of the empty yogurt pot.
- Opening the freezer to get the milk out.
- Trying to swipe my way into the metro with my keys.

Yes, this list is completely harmless. But when I'm still sounding slightly drugged hours later, things can get tricky.

There are plenty of foods to eat when you want a good night's sleep like turkey, bananas, wholewheat bread and oatmeal accompanied by a mug of warm milk. But I'm looking for food and drink to help me wake up. Properly. And not coffee as it gives me the shakes.

Any ideas?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to love this:
Chocolate.
Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Godiva. Ghirardelli. Toblerone.
ANything chocolate. Or Caramel and chocolate. Like a Rollo or a Milky Way Bar.

No, really. It'll work.

February 13, 2007 at 2:23 AM  
Blogger Momo said...

Hot Chocolate or even better green Tea...it definitely works, if you can trust me!

February 13, 2007 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Day in bed said...

Do not taunt me with talk of all you can eat toblerone scoffing. The giant one. In a pink sleeve for Valentine's Day. I can't! I just can't! says she as she stuffs her face with a late night snack of tea (non-green) and biscuits.

February 13, 2007 at 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I knew where to send it it woudl be winging its way to you as I type. Alas, 'that girl in bed in Montreal' covers an awful lot of people, especially on Valentine's Day. ;)

February 13, 2007 at 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

February 14, 2007 at 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAY! WAKE UP! It's 7 PM!!

February 15, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home