Monday, January 1, 2007

Who said flying was the safest way to travel?

I was lucky to get back to Montreal last night in one piece and, as yet, uncontaminated.

My pre-reserved seat was in a prime location:

- Next to a man who refused to blow his nose and thus sniffed the entire journey
- In front of an all-American family who proceeded to talk loudly the entire way
- Directly in front of a boy of said all-American family who kicked my chair continuously and coughed excessively and I think needlessly

But I guess the highlight of the journey was when the sniffing man got up to get something down from the overhead locker. A large bottle of gin fell out and onto my chair. I happened to be leaning forward filling out my immigration form. Otherwise I would have been knocked out.

I could have strangled the guy. But instead I said, "I'm fine. Just be careful." Yeah, like, you could have killed me, you snivelling moron.

I think my new year's resolution should be to say more what I'm thinking... If only I had the guts.

Happy new year everyone!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should have stayed in bed. OR at least confiscated the gin. 'No, No, thanks for the gift! And I didn't get you anything! Cheers!'

January 1, 2007 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Momo said...

I totally agree with your new year's resolution..."by mistake" is mine too...so let's have the guts...if only...

January 4, 2007 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! WAKE UP!!

January 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "Just be careful" was an understated volume of pent up English rage. Good on you GiB.

January 15, 2007 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Day in bed said...

Wow, I have another fan! I'm jumping up and down on my bed with excitement! Sometimes pent up English rage is way too proper. Why can't we just speak our minds, instead of being grittily nice? Plus, as a Brit living abroad, my grittily nice is often taken as truly nice. Canucks don't get the implied AHHH!

January 15, 2007 at 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to bite the bullet and stand up for yourself. Don't take this anymore. You are obviously too nice. Our English politeness is mistreated by everyone, and whilst it's admirable you maintain your temper sometimes you just have to let rip!

Granted on a plane where you are forced to sit next to your nasally challenged foe is probably not the best time to exercise your righteous wrath.

Remember if it gets too much for you just spend the day in bed! :)

February 9, 2007 at 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

November 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home