Friday, December 15, 2006

I have to hand it to you

Why are handbags bottomless pits?

I bought a row of metro tickets this afternoon. But when I took the metro later on to go home, no amount of fishing around in my handbag could locate them. Although I really did persist. In the following steps:

1. Peered in.
2. Fingered top contents lightly.
3. Put hand in and shuffled contents around haphazardly.
4. Sighed.
5. Dug hand in to bottom and felt around.
6. Swore.
7. Riffled roughly through contents.
8. Took a deep breath and sorted through contents while putting them in order somewhat.
9. Repeated 8. but in opposite direction.
10. Gave up and bought a ticket.

And it didn't stop there.

When I got in the train, I looked again. Surely they were in there.

And when I got home, I emptied my handbag completely. They had to be hiding somewhere.

But alas, no. They must have fallen out when I paid for a coffee.

I think in total I have dedicated one hour to the search of the tickets, the talking about losing the tickets and the writing about losing the tickets in this post.

I thought I liked that handbag. Now I can't bear to look at it. How dare you fail me handbag? I'll never forgive you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Momo said...

Your paragraphs are so transparently written...I used to love big bags too and nothing was harder than finding my keys in...But now I find myself on the briks of a new edge...

December 15, 2006 at 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each of the steps you list in searching your purse would make a good name for an idie-band.
Peered In, playing tonight at La Tulip with My Morning Jacket and She Wants Revenge.

December 20, 2006 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home