Monday, December 11, 2006

Happy Easter!

It’s official. My hiatus is over. I had an interview. The mail fairy left me some lovely lovely cheques. And I got a juicy brief. Christmas - in the advertising world, that is - has ended and Easter is here, so the briefs are rolling back in.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. The Alvine Stra bedding is in the washer and I’m nostalgically watching it whirl around. Ahh, those were the days. We don’t know what we’ve got till it’s gone unfortunately. I should have savoured that time more. Appreciated it. Adored it. Instead I feel that I frittered it away on snoozing.

How naive I was, I think, as I look at myself in the mirror and shake my head mournfully. Then break into song, When will I see you again? and sway my hips in time to the music.

I celebrate by eating another cupcake.

The washer starts to spin and I immediately regret so openly showing my elation. Oh my, what was I thinking? I'm so selfish. My naked bed must think I am so shallow. To love and leave it like that. To strip it bare and then take off. A better offer came along and I just dropped it like a hot potato. How could I? And our honeymoon period not even over.

Do not fear Bed, even though I am not with you, you will always be in my heart. I will dress you in Tanja Brodyr later tonight and lull you to sleep with a lullaby.

I have to make sure you'll take me back next Christmas after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home