Sunday, December 10, 2006

Retail therapy

I did my test yesterday. Then went and bought two new sweaters and a coat. It’s funny how the mere prospect of getting better results than 40 other suckers, succeeding in being called back for an interview and then perhaps being the # 1 person they hire for freelance work makes something click in my mind. Something that says, It’s ok for you to spend lashings and lashings of money because there’s money coming in soon, really soon! A remote possibility? Of course it is. But at the time, my mind refuses to even consider this for one second when there are some gorgeous sweaters in the window at Zara and a gorgeous coat I saw a girl wearing the other day that I simply have to have!

So the test. It was three hours long and was actually quite fun, if exhausting. I had to get out of bed early. Like 8:30. And on a Saturday! I’m obviously out of practice. So what with the test, the shopping, the haircut and the meeting boyfriend for dinner, I didn’t spend any part of my day in bed. And today what with waking up early and having stuff to do, I'm having withdrawal symptoms. Which include sore feet, dizziness, the shakes and extreme longing.

Right now my boyfriend is having a nap before work. Then finally, I can reclaim my bed. It’s mine, all mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home