Friday, December 8, 2006

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

I love my bed. No really, I do. I feel safe and beddy.

All the more so because I got a call yesterday evening. To take a test for a subtitling company. I foggily sent them my CV in the middle of the night last Sunday. And then instantly forgot about it.

The conversation went something like this. So unused I was to speaking and sounding relatively coherent.

Woman: Hello, can I speak to INSERT MY NAME?

Me: Speaking.

Here I assumed it was a telemarketer selling me cheap calling rates to India. I was preparing to send her packing.

W: This is Ilene from INSERT COMPANY.

My memory drew a blank.

W: You sent us your CV?

Still a blank.

W: For the Freelance English Editor position?

I suddenly remembered. Sort of.

M: Oh yes, I sent you my CV a couple of days ago.

W: On Sunday, yes.

Man, she was on the ball.

This is great news. If I can ace the test tomorrow I could get some serious work. And enjoy my days in bed with new relish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOn't the relish stain the sheets? ;)

December 21, 2006 at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home