Thursday, December 7, 2006

Why I'm here

Although this by no means is my first day in bed, it is my first documented day in bed.

Time: 13:20
Bedding: white, Alvine Stra from Ikea
Position: propped up on two pillows, with blanket tucked under chin
Dress: jogging pants, t-shirt
Food: bowl of all-bran with raisins
Accessories: phone in case a client calls - and before you presume I am a hooker, let me fill you in...

I am a freelance writer, translator and editor. But I have so little work right now that I spend day after day in bed. Because I don't see the point in getting up quite simply.

I start my day by reaching down by the side of the bed for my laptop then surf, snooze and intermittently check my email on the off-chance I get some work. Today, I'm waiting for an email to come in with the promise of a 1-hour job. I take what I can.

Until then, I'm staying put. It's a guilty pleasure. But it's also a habit I've gotten into. I can't really stray far from home because my clients invariably call with, "I just sent you something to translate, could you do it right away?" Anyway, it's a bit cold to aimlessly wander. Even in my apartment because I'm saving on heating. So I stay in bed you see. Where it's nice and cozy and warm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i van relate to that! what languages do you speak? i so admire peole whocan speak more than one language! i've nver been able to learn andything other than a little french. and even that is extremely pathetic. x

February 20, 2007 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god i can't spell!!!
can*
people*
who can*
never*
anything*

sorry for wasting space. :(

February 20, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home